Fashion. Design.YSL.Marc Jacobs.Vera Wang.Ray Ban.RED LIPS.Prada.Louis Vuitton. Lace.Sunglasses.Shiny pearls. Angela Simmons. 60's lashes.TWIGGY. Audrey Hepburn.Skinny Jeans.Christian Louboutin.Dorothy Dandrigde.FASHION WEEK.Fashion Simplicity.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Men Style File: James Allen

MEN STYLE JAMES ALLEN
For the fashion industry men style has been making it's debut for the past seasons with trendsetting colors, textures, and good ole wholesome swagger to finish it off. ( Besides isn't that the finishing ingredient to a true GQ.) With the influences of music and urban smarts it has been a great journey for the fashion industry and it's only the beginning. That's why this time around my reasoning was swayed away for a mean cool, and style of James Allen. I recently asked the Kappa graduate if he was interested in becoming my next victim of style and he cordially complied. Not only is he a example of real style, but this triple threat manages hip hop duo, Dialekt out of Chicago, IL and plans to pursue his passion and love for music in the near future.
First and foremost, I have always believed that personal style is what tells a story about who you are and what kind of personality that you bring to the table, so describe your style in only three words and why they represents your personal style?

Genuine – I dress to the mood I am in, not to what I think will be accepted or approved by other people.Unpredictable – you got to have range. I wouldn’t say that I have just a particular look. I can be seen at anytime in a suit or t-shirt and jeans depending on my mood and the occasion.Confident-whatever you rock, you gotta wear with style.

I like how you describe your style! So growing up as a child, who inspired you the most in who you are as a man today?

Grandparents & Mom ….Inspirations to this day.

In today fashion alot of music influence has taking over when it comes to men style. Do you feel that music has taking a big impact on what men wear or is it the other way around? Fashion taking the lead and music taking it's persona instead?

Music has taken a big impact on what men wear. When someone sees their favorite artist or band wearing something or dressing a certain way…people are drawn to that.

What are three of your favorite apparel/items that you feel signifies GQ level? ( a Sean John fragrance, Armani suit, and etc)

Armani cologne, money clip, and a tie bar.

When it comes to designers who are some of your favorites that signifies real style?

Billionaire boys club, Bathing Ape, Ice Cream (Nigo & Pharrell), Ralph Lauren.

So personally, in today's fashion it's look down upon if a man wear's something that might not be as costly as a designer item. Do you feel that price is important when it comes to fashion? Are labels really important as they seem?

Labels aren’t important to me. More how you rock the pieces you have is more important.

Is originality a plus when it comes to fashion. Especially men fashion, trendsetters such as Kayne and Andree 3000 have been known to set the record straight on alot of occasions. Do you feel that originality is a must even when it comes to stepping out side of the box to be different in fashion? Or is it best to stay within your safe zone?

No, I don’t think it’s best to play it safe. Fashion is a form of art and self expression…so if your playing it safe and wearing what you think other people will want you to wear…what does that say about you?

When it comes to women fashion what celeb is outdoing the rest when it comes to trendsetting in your perspective?

Right now Rihanna is hurtin’em.

What is the most attractive thing a woman could wear in your eyes?

Accessories and shoes…I like a woman who kan pay attention to detail.

What is something that you have been wearing for the longest that others have just caught up with?

G-shock watches…everybody seems to have one now.

What could the men fashion go without?

Ed Hardy…never really got into that.

What is the most expensive item in your closet? What is the cheapest thing you have in your closet?

Ralph Lauren Suit is probably on of the most expensive, and plain white v-necks are the cheapest.

You wake up and find that your place is on fire, and you have to run out at once!! What are you wearing?

All the sneakers I can get out of there!!!

Were you always stylish or did you evolve into who you are today?

I like to always think I was stylish. I thought Doogie Howser was Fresh back in the day for rocking a tie with Reeboks. So I used to sneak my tie to school in my pocket and put it on when my parent dropped me off.

That's real! So,where do you see yourself in the next five years?

Genuinely Happy and surrounded myself with quality people…Hopefully we can get this music venture off the ground and I can navigate the majority of my time to things that I enjoy and care about.

Real style and cool frame of mind. Period.


For more of James favorite style items and favorites look below:




1. Ralph Lauren Fragrance for Men. 2. GQ money clip
3. Bape and Ape 4. Ralph Lauren Suit 5.Singer Rihanna


Before you venture off check out James hip hop duo Dialekt here:
http://www.myspace.com/dialekthiphop


Honey&Chic

No comments: